Tuesday, June 24, 2014

For today.....

At this moment, I’m quietly rejoicing. No one noticed the load was lighter on my shoulders as we left the clinic today, nothing looked very different, except for today.....we have been given a bit of a reprieve. When the sleep clinic doctor reviewed Peter’s sleep study on Cpap, she feels he is stable at this point. For right now...today....one doctor is saying that Peter doesn’t need jaw distraction.  We know he needs it at some point, but that point just got moved down the line a bit more....

Like swimmers who have well developed shoulders sculpted through hours of practice.....our “taking it one day at a time” muscle gets a workout. a rough, tough, workout that is exhausting and difficult at times. For someone like me who wants to peek ahead at what’s coming down that there pike, well, it has been replaced, (slowly)
with 
“For today, all is good.” 
Even a messy office shelf will not get me down! 

Peter is healing nicely from his surgery. His airway, while tricky, is stable. He is off his pain meds less than a week after a big surgery. He is smiling and almost back to his perky self. 
For these things, I am eternally grateful. Tomorrow will take care of itself, with the Grace necessary for the difficulties it may bring..... I’ll snatch it all up when the time comes, but for TODAY....we breathe easier....we offer up thanksgiving.....our joy is not dampened by the “what if’s” of tomorrow.

God is good, all of the time. 

4 comments:

  1. Your cheerfulness is such an encouragement to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Peter!

    And for you..."My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." I will all the more gladly boast of my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Cor 12:9

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ladies!! Yes, Barbara, that is one of my favorite verses! The more I get out of the way, the more He works His miracles!

    ReplyDelete